Our Family In Two Homes is a Resource Package which can be used when you work with either Brian Urban or Bridgette Pozzuto as your Lawyer. It is designed to increase both the cost efficiency of your negotiation process and your own effectiveness in that process by allowing you the opportunity to reflect independently on the topics which will likely be of greatest importance to you. That independent work will in turn permit you to be more prepared for your discussions with Brian or Bridgette in advance of live meetings and, ultimately, allow you to be a more effective communicator and decision-maker.
The Resource Package includes a Workbook and a set of Resource Cards which together will provide you with support in multiple areas:
- Identifying your primary needs and concerns, both as to process and substance;
- Improving communication with your spouse;
- Making good parenting decisions, both now and as your children grow;
- Allocating finances and assets/debts for a healthy financial future;
- Meeting the unique needs of your family as you transition into two homes (or, if your children are adults on their own, into a few homes – ask in that case about Our Family In a Few Homes Resource Package);
- Being able to work through some topics and create some options on your own, in advance of the live meetings when you will have professional support as well; and
- Delivering a baseline discussion about the shadow of the law so you will be better able to make educated, informed decisions.
The vision underlying this Resource Package is that you will work through it on your own. Then you can share the insights you have gained with your attorney so that you can receive better support on the matters which concern you most.
When you first meet with Brian or Bridgette, you will receive more information about Our Family In Two Homes (or Our Family In A Few Homes) and then we will discuss with you whether it would seem appropriate for you, whether in a Collaborative Process or some other negotiation process.